Think Pink. October is marked as the Breast Cancer Awarness Month. Breast cancer awareness is an effort to raise awareness and reduce the stigma of breast cancer through education on symptoms and treatment.
We take time to think about our future but not our lives at stake. This month does not only spread awareness but also helps you remember to test yourself, for your life is also precious.
Here are some facts,
- One in eight women in the United States are likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is one of the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among many women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 2 lakh women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than forty thousand can possibly die.
- Although breast cancer in men is uncommon, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 can possibly die every year.
The pink ribbon is the most prominent symbol of breast cancer awareness.